Colorado Dam Safe Passage News
The following are news releases and information on the Colorado Dam Safe Passage Project.
- Oct. 23, 2014: Colorado Dam Safe Passage Construction Update
- Oct. 21, 2014: McKay Park Tree Work & Removal
- Sept. 22, 2014: Colorado Dam Safe Passage Construction to Begin
- July 25, 2014: McKay Park Receives Grant Award
- Sept. 11, 2013: Colorado Dam Safe Passage Open House
The most recent news release is in text below:
October 23, 2014 News Release:
Colorado Dam Safe Passage Construction Update:
Closures & Detours Begin October 27th
The following closures and detours for the Colorado Avenue Dam Safe Passage construction will begin soon:
- Monday, October 27th: McKay Park and pedestrian bridge will close.
Pedestrian bridge traffic will be detoured to the sidewalk and bike lane on the north side of the Colorado Ave. bridge. A temporary path is located on the west side of the bridge for access from Shevlin Hixon Rd. and McKay Park and will be in place for project’s duration.
River access at McKay Park closed.
- Sunday, November 2nd – Tuesday, November 4th (approximately): Night-time work on Colorado Ave. bridge – expect partial lane closures during night hours.
- Continuing: Truck traffic on Bradbury will continue with flagging. Street access in the area is expected to remain open with temporary closures using flaggers.
Click here for maps detailing the closures and detours for this fall through winter.
Closures and detours are expected to last the length of the project and may vary with project needs. In addition, the City of Bend is constructing new sewer infrastructure in the vicinity so additional closures by the city should be expected.
The Colorado Ave. Dam Safe Passage is one of several bond-funded projects approved by voters in November 2012. The general contractor is Hamilton Construction. Additional information can be found on the district’s website under “Current Projects.”
BPRD appreciates the community’s patience during the project. Questions regarding the construction project should be directed to Chelsea Schneider, BPRD Landscape Architect, at (541) 706-6155, firstname.lastname@example.org or Brian Hudspeth, BPRD Construction Manager, at (541) 706-6137 or email@example.com.