Bend Park & Recreation District
Don Horton, Executive Director
Bend Park & Recreation District maintains and operates more than 2,500 acres of developed and undeveloped parkland. That includes 81 parks/open spaces and 63 miles of trail. We offer over 770 recreation programs for all ages and abilities throughout the area and at the Juniper Swim & Fitness Center and the Bend Senior Center. We also hold several community events including the July 4th Festival & Pet Parade and the Day of Play.
Bend Park & Recreation District is a special tax district, separate from the City of Bend. It is governed by a five member, elected Board of Directors and managed by an Executive Director.
In 2006, Bend Park & Recreation District received the National Gold Medal Award for excellence in Park and Recreation management. This award is given to the best park and recreation agency in the nation for its population category. We continually strive to set the standard nationwide for exceptional and sustainable park and recreation services.
To strengthen community vitality and foster healthy, enriched lifestyles by providing exceptional park and recreation services.
- Excellence by striving to set the standard for quality programs, parks and services through leadership, vision, innovation and dedication to our work.
- Environmental Sustainability by helping to protect, maintain and preserve our natural and developed resources.
- Fiscal Accountability by responsibly and efficiently managing the financial health of the District today and for generations to come.
- Inclusiveness by reducing physical, social and financial barriers to our programs, facilities and services.
- Partnerships by fostering an atmosphere of cooperation, trust and resourcefulness with our patrons, coworkers and other organizations.
- Customers by interacting with people in a responsive, considerate and efficient manner.
- Safety by promoting a safe and healthy environment for all who work and play in our parks, facilities and programs.
- Staff by honoring the contributions of each employee and volunteer, and recognizing them as essential to accomplishing our mission.
We invite you to come enjoy all that BPRD has to offer!