Recreation Scholarship Program
Scholarships are available for youth 18 years and under or adults with special needs in Therapeutic Recreation programs who qualify. The scholarships support paying for our recreation programs. Last year we granted scholarships to over 600 individuals and families.
Here is how to apply:
- Fill out a scholarship form. Forms are available at the District Office, Juniper Swim & Fitness Center or the Bend Senior Center. You can download the form by clicking here.
- Attach proof of income. We accept the most recent copy of:
• Pay stub
• Oregon Health Plan
Proof of income MUST be provided
- Turn in or mail all information to: BPRD Office, 799 SW Columbia Street, Bend, OR 97702 or
Juniper Swim & Fitness Center, 800 SE 6th St, Bend, OR 97701
- You will be notified within five (5) working days informing you of approval or denial of scholarship.
- Once you have been approved you can register for programs.
- Scholarships are active for six (6) months from date of approval.
Distribution of scholarship funds and participant portions:
• District-operated programs: Scholarship covers 50% of program fee; participant pays 50% of program fee
• Third party contractor-operated programs: Scholarship covers 20% of program fee; participant pays 80% of program fee
JSFC Facility Usage:
• Passes and 10 visit card: Scholarship covers 50% of pass fee, participant pays 50% of pass fee
Update on Policy:
Due to limited funding resources and greatly increased requests for scholarships, the District has decided to suspend all adult scholarships effective immediately extending through June 2011 with the exception of therapeutic recreation programs. This will ensure there is adequate resources to fund scholarships for children and individuals with special needs. Adults who are currently enrolled in programs or have a current JSFC pass will receive scholarship funding through the duration of the program or pass already purchased. They will not be eligible when registering for new programs or renewing passes. As of March 14, 2011, BPRD is not accepting scholarship applications for adults. The district will be evaluating the scholarship program and will be making recommendations to the Executive Director and Board prior to any permanent changes.